Kyong Kim is Senior Counsel at Klein, Hockel, Iezza & Patel, P.C.
and a member of the firm’s Civil Litigation practice. Kyong’s practice focuses on business litigation, labor & employment, real estate, and trust and estate disputes. She advises corporate and individual clients in compliance and governance matters, and in all phases of litigation from inception through completion, including arbitration, trials and appeals. Kyong has significant experience defending actions in federal and state courts involving business torts, employment disputes, unfair and deceptive practices, fraud, negligence, consumer claims, as well as will and trust contests, accounting disputes, breach of fiduciary duty and financial elder abuse matters.
Prior to joining KHIP, Kyong was a litigation attorney at an international law firm, Holland & Knight LLP, where she specialized in general commercial litigation, trust and estate litigation, and represented tech companies, individual and corporate officers, directors and fiduciaries, beneficiaries, and national charities. Kyong started her legal practice at the NcNamara law firm in Walnut Creek, California, where she handled general litigation, personal injury, public entity defense and employment matters.
While in law school, Kyong externed for Judge Saundra B. Armstrong and Judge Claudia Wilken of the United States District Court for the Northern District of California. Kyong also served as an editor for the Constitutional Law Quarterly, was an active member of the UC Hastings Moot Court team, and the recipient of the 2008 David E. Snodgrass award.
- University of California, Berkeley, B.A. Political Economy of Industrial Societies
- UC Hastings College of the Law, J.D., 2010, cum laude
Honors & Awards
- Rising Star, Northern California Super Lawyers magazine, 2016-2019
- Top Women for Estates & Trusts Litigation, Rising Stars, Northern California Super Lawyers, 2016-2019
- University of California Hastings College of the Law Moot Court competitions, 2008-2010
- David E. Snodgrass Award Recipient, 2008
Affiliations and Memberships
- Korean American Bar Association of Northern California, past President 2019-2020, current Board member
- Asian American Bar Association of the Greater Bay Area
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Bar Association of San Francisco
- Contra Costa County Bar Association
Personal Information & Interests
- Kyong and her husband own Fog City Java, the best coffee shop in Pacifica, California
- Kyong co-founded Seasalt Kids, an eco-friendly kids swimwear company with her sisters in 2019. Seasalt Kids is family owned and operated, and a proud member of 1% for the Plant (www.seasaltkids.com)
- Kyong enjoys spending time with friends and family, traveling, films, and fashion.