Eileen is a member of Klein, Hockel, Iezza & Patel’s Civil Litigation practice representing corporations, small businesses, retail and compounding pharmacies in the areas of employment, general commercial matters and pharmacy law. She enjoys working closely with employers to develop policies and procedures that are legally compliant and support their business objectives.
Since joining the firm in 2003, Eileen has advised and represented management in labor and employment matters before California State Courts, Federal Courts, Arbitrators, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing. Eileen has extensive experience representing pharmacies and pharmacists in defense of matters before the California Board of Pharmacy and Office of Administrative Hearings.
Eileen also advises yoga and wellness studios and independent fitness instructors on strategic legal issues, such as negotiating contracts, evaluating employment and human resources concerns, forming business entities, and online video production.
Although the majority of her practice presently is at the trial court level, Eileen is a seasoned appellate attorney, having advocated for clients in the First, Second and Sixth District Courts of Appeal and before the California Supreme Court.
- Wake Forest University, B.A. English 1992, cum laude. Minors, French & International Studies
- University of San Francisco School of Law, J.D. 1999, cum laude, Law Review
- Université de Bourgogne, Dijon, France 1990
- Admitted to practice before all state and federal courts in California.
Affiliations and Memberships
- California State Bar, Alameda County Bar Association (Alternative Dispute Resolution Section)
- French, Spanish, German
- California’s Fair Pay Act: an Opportunity for Employers, Legal Insights, November 2015
- Doe v. Unocal Corporation: Corporate Liability for International Human Rights Violations, 33 U.S.F. Law Review 153 (1998)
- Is the Accountant-Client Privilege on the Horizon? DRI Professional Liability Newsletter, Fall 1998
- Workplace Harassment Claims Easier to Prove in California Following #MeToo, Legal Insights, October 2018
Hobbies and Interests
- Eileen is a two-time Boston Marathon qualifier and finisher, Ironman finisher, and a yoga instructor. Outside work, Eileen may be found running in the Oakland hills, seeing live music and riding the ferry home to her family on the island paradise of Alameda.